Academic English at Worldwide School
2018 IELTS results:
We have had some excellent results lately for our students.
Stanislav from Belarusia received an overall band score of 7.5 He is now at AUT University
Saori from Japan An overall of 6.0. She is now at NZST
Kekoa from Tahiti got an overall of 5.5
Maria Carlotta from Italy got an overall of 7.0
Kimberly from Tahiti got an overall of 6.5 She is now at International Travel College
Henriette from New Caledonia got an overall of 6.5
Gonzalo from Peru got an overall of 6.5
Sigrid from Peru got an overall of 6.5
Michael from Spain got an overall of 7.0
Ronaldo from Brazil got an overall of 6.5
Our IELTS course is for students requiring an IELTS score of at least 5.0 and need to take the exam at the end of the course or are also planning to study in a direct entry pathway partner of Worldwide School. These classes start every Monday and run with a maximum of 18 students per class.
Classes run from Monday to Friday (with a practice exam every Friday afternoon)
The IELTS exam is produced by the British Council, idp IELTS Australia and the University of Cambridge ESOL and is available at least twice monthly in Auckland.
In 2018 the exam costs $395.
Textbooks. Class sets are provided free of charge for all IELTS students.
The IELTS course at Worldwide School is offered in 12 week cycles and it is strongly recommended that students enrol for the full 12 weeks but the minimum booking period is 4 weeks.
This course is at the same tuition rate as General English courses.
The IELTS course has 5 main aims:
* to give students a thorough overview of the IELTS exam format
* to give students opportunities to practise IELTS tasks and example questions
* to improve students’ overall proficiency by developing reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills
* to build students’ knowledge of vocabulary specific to the IELTS exam
* to review the grammar necessary for students to perform well in IELTS
Offshore pretests are available.
* Please note that currently our on-going IELTS classes are running in the morning session 15 hours per week.