Academic English at Worldwide School
Students can do the IELTS test IN OUR BUILDING!
Our building 80 Anzac Ave is an IELTS test venue run in co-operation with Crown Institute and Massey University so students can do the IELTS exam in the same building.
Our IELTS course is for students requiring an IELTS score of at least 5.0 and need to take the exam at the end of the course or are also planning to study in a direct entry pathway partner of Worldwide School. These classes start every Monday.
Classes run from Monday to Friday (with a practice exam every Friday afternoon)
The IELTS exam is produced by the British Council, idp IELTS Australia and the University of Cambridge ESOL and is available at least twice monthly in Auckland.
In 2016 the exam costs $395.
Textbooks. Class sets are provided free of charge for all IELTS students.
The IELTS course at Worldwide School is offered in 12 week cycles and it is strongly recommended that students enrol for the full 12 weeks but the minimum booking period is 4 weeks. Students must study full time.
This course is at the same tuition rate as English courses.
The IELTS course has 5 main aims:
* to give students a thorough overview of the IELTS exam format
* to give students opportunities to practise IELTS tasks and example questions
* to improve students’ overall proficiency by developing reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills
* to build students’ knowledge of vocabulary specific to the IELTS exam
* to review the grammar necessary for students to perform well in IELTS
Offshore pretests are available.
* Please note that currently our on-going IELTS classes are running in the morning session 15 hours per week.